Safe Food for Healthy Tomorrow – World Food Safety Day
Human is among the most intelligent species, and it deserves good food. You will not eat a stale loaf of bread because you know that it is not good for your health. A portion of safe food is something that every person on this planet deserves. Today’s world is fast-paced, and people are just consuming anything to keep up with the day. Fast food or street food has become more popular. This food is delicious, but tastefulness comes with a price. This food is unhygienic and can harm you seriously. On the day that talks about food safety, it is in your hand to eat healthily and avoid such street food. This article is to aware you of World Food Safety Day 2022. Read until the end and make lives beautiful. #TWN
Food is what we live for. Money, comfort, and luxury fail if food is absent from life. Everyone needs to have food at least once a day. The majority of the world population has access to good food. The topic of debate isn’t about whether we have food or not. It is about safe food, which is ultimately the whole point. For a healthy lifestyle, food isn’t the only vital element. Safe food is what matters the most. To educate the majority, we celebrate World Food Safety Day on the 7th of June every year.
This article is about better and safe food that will ensure the safety of every individual. Human is among the most intelligent species, and it deserves good food. You will not eat a stale loaf of bread because you know that it is not good for your health. A portion of safe food is something that every person on this planet deserves. Today’s world is fast-paced, and people are just consuming anything to keep up with the day. Fast food or street food has become more popular. This food is delicious, but tastefulness comes with a price. This food is unhygienic and can harm you seriously. On the day that talks about food safety, it is in your hand to eat healthily and avoid such street food.
Let’s know more about this international day and the theme associated with it this year.
World Food Safety Day
Every year on June 7, the world observes World Food Safety Day to detect, manage, and prevent airborne diseases and to improve health. On December 20, 2018, the United Nations General Assembly declared World Food Safety Day to commemorate the benefits of safe food. The World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) collaborate to make the day a success. Every year, the organization develops a theme that puts the focus on current and potential food safety challenges.
According to the World Health Organization's (WHO) official website, World Food Safety Day allows the UN agency to "continue its attempts to mainline food safety in the policy sphere and reduce the global burden of foodborne diseases."
World Food Safety Day 2022 Theme
Safer Food, Better Health.
This year's World Food Safety Day theme is "Safer Food, Better Health." There is no doubt that "safe food is important for human health and well-being," according to WHO in a report released ahead of the critical date.
The organization added that this year's focus is on increasing discussions and efforts around transforming food systems to achieve good health, with a strong emphasis on sustainability, explaining that safe food is one of the "most critical guarantors for good health."
According to WHO, governments, food businesses, academic facilities and offices, and consumers all play a significant role in "keeping food safe." The idea is that everyone is a "risk manager," and unsafe food is not food at all.
History & Significance
According to a 2019 WHO report, the world records more than 600 million cases of foodborne diseases each year. It means that nearly one out of every ten people on the planet suffers from adverse health effects as a result of consuming contaminated food. According to the report, children under the age of five account for 40% of the foodborne illness burden, with 1,25,000 deaths each year.
In this context, the first-ever World Food Safety Day was observed on June 7, 2019, just a few months after the United Nations General Assembly adopted it in December 2018.
Things To Know About World Food Safety Day
You must take a look at these five things before you celebrate the day.
- Every year, approximately 600 million people – nearly one in every ten people in the world – become ill, and 420,000 die as a result of contaminated food, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
- According to the report, there are over 200 foodborne diseases caused by pathogens, viruses, parasites, or chemical substances that enter the body through tainted food. In the worst-case scenario, these illnesses can also result in the formation of malignant cells.
- According to the WHO, children under the age of five account for 40% of the foodborne illness burden, resulting in 125,000 deaths each year.
- Foodborne diseases also hinder socioeconomic development by taxing health-care systems and wreaking havoc on economic systems, tourism, and trade.
- According to the World Bank's 2019 report on the economic burden of foodborne diseases, the total productivity loss associated with foodborne illnesses in low- and middle-income countries is estimated to be US$ 95.2 billion per year, with the annual cost of treating foodborne illnesses estimated to be US$ 15 billion.
How To Prevent Yourself from Food Poisoning and Tainted Food?
Being a responsible citizen, you can celebrate the day as an individual. You can do many things that will make people around you aware of the safe food.
- Always wash your vegetables and fruits before even taking a bite.
- Never eat soggy veggies and fruits. They might contain a pathogen that can harm you.
- Eat the cooked food within the span of 4-5 hours.
- Avoid packing the food in polythene or newspaper before storing it.
- Keep your knives and chopping board always clean.
- Always drink clean water. Salmonella must be prevented at all costs.
- Eat less street food. Try eating home-cooked food that will keep you healthy.
- If you are a non-vegetarian, eat cooked meat only.
Also Read: Business Sustainability And Environmentalism
World Food Safety Day 2022 aims toward safe food for a healthy tomorrow for the human race. Safe and fresh food is the key to survival for every human on this planet. As an individual, you must make people aware of the advantages of healthy and safe food. If a single soul understood the motive behind this day, it will be a win for the entire human race over the diseases that are caused by food contamination. We hope that we brought value to your life through this article.
You May Like