All We Need To Know About Atl Marketing
The process of ATL marketing comprises advertising activities that are non-focused and do not target a single product. It is effectively used to create a sense of the brand image. The main focus is to understand the increase of awareness amongst the consumers to understand the product thus it helps in growing the sales in the market as well. #ThinkwithNiche
ATL or Above the Line Marketing is one of the traditional forms of marketing strategy that is processed to reach customers at a wide range. The objective of such marketing is to connect with the description or the information of the brand or the product that reaches the customers. It is not executed to lay the concentration over a definite target but the communication is based all over the world.
ATL is mostly followed by companies to understand the product or the brand. It helps in growing the market to captivate the customers who genuinely understand and take interest in the product that has been launched in the market.
The process of ATL marketing comprises advertising activities that are non-focused and do not target a single product. It is effectively used to create a sense of the brand image. The main focus is to understand the increase of awareness amongst the consumers to understand the product thus it helps in growing the sales in the market as well. The prior strategies of ATL are done through the process of media channels like print media, Internet, Television, Radio, etc.
Any brand that wishes to appeal to a broad audience must employ above-the-line marketing strategies. This is because this strategy is designed for products with a broad appeal and challenging targeting.
The Benefits of Above-the-Line Advertising
1) Reach - A solid ATL advertising strategy can help the business reach a large audience. To persuade clients to visit their showrooms, most banks and retail showrooms frequently advertise their reach via ATL media.
2) Attention - ATL media has a higher level of penetration than any other sort of advertising because it combines audio and visual elements. Through their creatives, television and radio literally seek attention. Newspapers, on the other hand, have a high level of consumer interaction because the customer reads the ads as well. Finally, when properly placed outside of the home, it can have a significant impact on decision-making and enthusiasm.
3) Branding - Any company that wants to make a name for itself must invest in brand development through ATL channels. The majority of these brands begin with out-of-home advertising before moving on to radio and print. Finally, some of them may graduate to television commercials or continue to work in other media. However, a brand cannot be established solely through below-the-line marketing.
The Problems with Above-the-Line Marketing.
Above-the-line marketing tactics face numerous hurdles.
1) It is expensive — All media is expensive, but television and newspapers are widely considered to be the most expensive in the world.
2) It is being overtaken — The strength of newspapers and magazines has been displaced by blogs and online magazines, undermining the grip of above-the-line marketing techniques.
3) It goes beyond small and medium businesses – While small and medium businesses do not account for much, small and medium businesses currently account for the majority of BTL activity.
4) Efficacy and Return on Investment (ROI) - Measuring the effectiveness and ROI of a television commercial has proven to be tricky. The same may be said about newspapers. What guarantee do you have that the ad will cause users to buy the product? And how many people bought something after seeing the commercial? Investing in Above Line Marketing is critical for maintaining high brand memory, even if it is tough to measure.
As you've seen, there are numerous benefits and challenges associated with above-the-line marketing. However, if you have a lot of money to invest, the benefits exceed the disadvantages. If you fail to have a lot of money, you should at least use out-of-home and BTL marketing to get your name out there. Brands like Amul have proven that leveraging out-of-home media can get you a long way.
Many marketers believe in the power of ATL marketing, while others believe that BTL is gradually eclipsing ATL. Digital marketing has already equaled the combined ad spends of radio, periodicals, and movies. Despite the fact that television and newspapers are extremely tough to replace, digital is rapidly catching up, at least in the newspaper section.