During the Management Committee Meeting held on 16 Jul 2022, the Chairman of Mahomed Bagh Club requested the members to celebrate 11 Aug 22 to 17 Aug 22 as "Bharat ka Amrit Mahotsav".
The following is proposed to be done during these days:
- Implement the "Har Ghar Jhanda" objective.
- Honour all members who were members of the club and were martyred during the struggle for independence, 1945, 1962, 1965, 1971, Sri Lanka operation, Kargil operation, internal security Operations, Naxal operations, or any operation where they sacrificed their lives. Names are requested from members who know such members.
- Club to organise functions to Celebrate 75 Years of Independence from 11 to 17 Aug 22.
- Keep the club open on 15 Aug 22. ( Normally, the club is closed on Independence Day).
- Organise function for employees on 15 Aug 22.
The chairman requested Members to participate actively.
The Mahomed Bagh Club's history is intimately linked with Lucknow's; for generations, the MB Club has been associated with the city's splendour. One of the most well-known "A" grade residential club teams, among the traditional clubs that were established by the British who introduced the club culture to the country, is located in the greenest part of the city, with plenty of natural beauty and open spaces. The club has maintained its old-world dignified charm over the years while adopting modern facilities.
On February 4, 1899, the British Army established MB Club as a company limited by guarantee, which is currently a Section 8 company in accordance with the Companies Act of 2013.
Mahomed Bagh Club Ltd. once only allowed officers of the Defense Services to join. The club began allowing officers of the Civil Services, Talluqdars, members of the Feudal class, and other prominent citizens to join in 1947. Only Temporary Membership was granted to the ICS & IPS cadre. The number of civilian members increased gradually with permanent membership being allotted to all members who are eligible for the same.
Agra Club Ltd, Ahmedabad Gymkhana Club, Bangalore Club, The Koramangla Club, Madras Gymkhana Club Ltd., Chandigarh Club Ltd., Dehradun Club Ltd., Cawnpore Club Ltd., The Saturday Club Ltd., Royal Bombay Yacht Club, The Cricket Club of India Ltd., The Corinthian Club, Banaras Club Ltd., Mangalore Club, DSOI Dhaula Kuan, Boat House Club Ltd., Clube Tennis de Gaspar Dias, The Shimla Amateur Dramatic Club, Kelab IPOH Diraja (Royal IPOH Club) Jalan Panglima Bukit Gantang, Wahab,3000 Ipoh, Perak Darul, Ridzauan Malaysia.
The other Famous Clubs in the Lucknow region include:
Lucknow Golf Club, Oudh Gymkhana Club, Genesis Club, The Palms Golf Club & Resort, Surya Officers Club, Chancellor Club, Rotary Club Lucknow Rajdhani, Eiffel Club, and Club Momentz, to name a few...
Visit MB Club Website to know more- website